Today, we are so excited to share an incredible major update to NChart3D, our universal charting library available for all major platforms (iOS, Android, macOS, and UWP). The version 2.9 includes an enhanced axes drawing capabilities, basic analytical tools, API to make a perpetual rotation, multithreading stability improvement, and more.
- The first new feature is Discontinuous axes based on axes marks. It’s possible now to set custom ticks on axes. An example of this feature is shown in the figure below.
- We’ve also made some Improvements to the axes marks layout. With this new release, the existing mechanism of drawing marks on the axes itself became more effective and diverse.
- We decided that it’s time to add some Analytical tools in order to make the displayed data more useful. In this release, we’re presenting the general concept and first two basic analyzers.
The first analytical tool is the Peak detection based on moving average as it’s shown in the picture below.
The second analyzer is the Trend line calculation based on OLS. This means that it’s possible to construct a trend line (straight line) by the method of least squares.
- We have added the API to make a perpetual rotation. This is a useful feature for presentations. The 3D graph can be rotated infinitely around X or Y axis with a given speed.
- We have also improved the Multithreading stability.
- Finally, we have fixed a bug for Screen content scale switching (when you move window with NChart3D based content from retina display to regular monitor and vice versa).
The full list of improvements, new features, and bug fixes is below:
- Discontinuous axes based on axes marks
- Improvement of axes marks layout
- Analytical tools:
- Peak detection based on moving average
- Trend line calculation based on OLS
- API to make a perpetual rotation
- Multithreading stability improvement
- Bug fixes for screen content scale switching
A new version of NChart3D is already available on our website:
NChart3D v2.9 for iOS: http://nchart3d.com/nchart/download
NChart3D v2.9 for Android: http://nchart3d.com/nchart-android/download
NChart3D v2.9 for OS X: http://nchart3d.com/nchart-osx/download
NChart3D v2.9 for Windows (UWP): http://nchart3d.com/nchart-win/download